<![if !vml]><![endif]><![if !mso]><![endif]>
DR / DH Series Resins and Hardener
DR/DH series epoxy resins offer a wide range of physical and mechanical properties. These resins are all categorized as two phase systems where elastomeric particles form within the resin during the cure to enhance the toughness and cohesion properties. DR/DH resins are designed to optimize resin toughness while maintaining high stiffness and adhesion properties. The DR/DH resin systems work well on all fiberglass, carbon, and Kevlar reinforcements. The different resins and hardeners can be matched in any way to yield desired cure characteristics and properties. See Table I for suggestions and appropriate mix ratios.
• DR-5 is a low viscosity (2000 cps) resin intended for hand laminating, filament winding, RTM and VARTM processes.
• DR-7 medium viscosity (3000 cps) resins for wet impregnation equipment and applications where higher viscosity
is beneficial to improve handling. DR-11 has higher stiffness and is optimized for applications under high compression loads.
• DR-AD is a tough adhesive for maximum peel strength and creep resistance. Adhesive works well in bonding metal and
• DR-ADTX is same as DR-AD but with additional thixotropic bondline control. Excellent adhesive for manufacturing
honeycomb and other cored structures where low sag is needed.
DR-ADTX / DH_AD
• EH-101 is the fastest cure hardener (15 min. pot life) and is excellent for joining and fairing. Cures well at low temperatures.
• EH-102 is designed for laminating moderately large components which need very good overnight room temperature cure and
2-3 hours working time. Parts can be de-molded after 12 hours at 77 F without the typical epoxy brittle phase.
• EH-103 is a long potlife (200 min) hardener which sets overnight, but requires 120 F post cure to eliminate brittle phase in
cure. Excellent hardener for large boating projects which may require 8 hours of working time
• EH-104 is the slowest hardener and has low skin irritation and is recommended for individuals whom are sensitive to epoxy
resin hardeners, and large projects that require up to 12 hours of working time. Parts will set hard after 48 hours, but require
additional heat at 160 F for 4 hours to complete the cure. Hardener is not recommended for cures below 160 F.
• DH-AD converter is formulated to promote adhesion without the loss of modulus or creep resistance. DH-AD also
maximizes bonding to polyester and vinyl ester resins and gel coats when used as a boundary ply. For best adhesion results,
a light sanding and solvent wipe is recommended.
Data Sheets: EH-101 / EH-102 / EH-103
Property Summary and Application Guide for the DR - Toughened Epoxy Systems
Physical and Mechanical Properties:
Pricing per pound for DR epoxy resins
|Product||Drum (480 lbs) - $ per lb||5 Gal Pail (42 lbs) - $ per lb||1 Gal Ctnr (8-10 lbs) - $ per lb|
|DR-ADTX||4.20 (400 lbs)||5.10 (35 lbs)||6.10 ( 7 lbs)|
Pricing per pound for hardeners
|Product||15 Gal Ctnr (110 lbs) - $ per lb||5 Gal (20 lbs) / 1 Gal (8-10 lbs)||1 Qt Ctnr (2 lbs) - $ per lb|
|EH-101||3.95||4.70 / 5.70||6.95|
|EH-102||4.40||5.45 / 6.45||7.55|
|EH-103||4.85||5.95 / 7.20||8.80|
|EH-104||4.85||5.95 / 7.20||8.80|
|DH-AD||3.95 (176 lbs)||5.95 (16 lbs)||5.95 (3.1 lbs)|
July 2005. Prices subject to change with out notice.<![if !mso]><![endif]>